Sunday, May 6, 2018

Title I Parent Meeting

Title I Parent Meeting
May 8, 2018
3:15 PM
Village Elementary
Conference Room

Title I, Part A is part of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (passed in 1965) that provides additional financial assistance to school districts to help ensure that all students meet challenging state academic standards. Village Elementary has been designated a Title I school. In order to receive Title I funds, Village Elementary is required to hold an annual parent meeting. We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to Village Elementary School’s Title I Parent Meeting.

At this meeting, stakeholders (parents, teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals and students) will be informed about the following:
  1. Share with you on how we intend to spend the Title I funds for the 2018-19 school year.
  2. Give you an opportunity to share your ideas on how Title I funds should be spent.
  3. Share with you a draft of revised policy 8261—Parent and Family Engagement.
  4. Obtain signatures of each attendees indicating their awareness of our plans for Title I, Part A in 2018-19.
  5. Share additional information on the Title II, Part A funds and the Title III LEP funds.
Please contact Benjamin Rudd, Village Elementary Principal, if you would like additional information but cannot attend the meeting (brudd@hilton.k12.ny.us).