Monday, May 8, 2017

Band News

                                                                                 May 2017
  Hello and Welcome to the Band program at Village Elementary!
  My name is Beth Fabrizio, and I am the director of bands at Village. Your child has an exciting experience offered to them this year. As they move from third grade into fourth, they may begin a band instrument. They would start with group lessons from September until December, and then beginning band would begin in January with a spring concert performance in May.
In order to help place them on the correct instrument, I will be meeting with each classroom in groups of 5 students. I will have them try all of the instruments we begin our students on here at Village:
Flute         Oboe           Clarinet        Alto Saxophone
Trumpet      Horn           Trombone      Baritone
Tuba          Percussion
 
If you wish to research the instruments with your child, Be Part of the Band.com is a great website that takes you through all the instruments with an explanation and performance.
  
A few of our 3rd graders have been to see me already or have begun lessons on an instrument outside of school. Please let me know if that has taken place, and I will not meet with them during their scheduled classroom time. Once they meet with me, we will select two or three instruments that work for them in their order of preference. I will send a signup sheet home with them. Please fill it out and return it as soon as possible. There will be a beginning band meeting September 11, 2017 at 7PM in the HJ cafeteria.
If you are interested in summer lessons, I will attach a list to the sign up form and you can rent an instrument prior to the new school year and have your child begin then. The school district rents French Horns, Baritones and Tubas to our students for $50 for the school year.  All other instruments are purchased or rented through Music and Arts (Pittsford), Dori’s (Spencerport) or Atlas Music (Webster). Please let me help in any way I can in securing an instrument.
I look forward to meeting you and your children! This will be a magical time for them to begin their musical journey!
Sincerely,
Beth Fabrizio
Director of Bands
Village Elementary School
Hilton, NY  14468
585-392-1000  x5117
bfabrizio@hilton.K12.ny.us